Update 11/22/18: Sub-Zero has appeared to run into some kind of production delay on the Cove dishwasher, it is now estimated to be shipping in 1st QTR of 2019.
As many know, over the past 15 years Sub-Zero has grown it’s Wolf brand to cover virtually every type of cooking appliance on the market. Wolf even has a built-in coffee system. But there has always been one glaring absence from the line-up: a dishwasher. Sub-Zero / Wolf has made up for this by taking on Asko distribution for the entire United States.
Back in 2015, rumors began swirling at Sub-Zero that a dishwasher was once again in development. Then in 2017, Sub-Zero let the word loose through a well-timed WSJ article, that it’s new dishwasher was coming and was to be called “Cove”.
Yes, the name is a bit peculiar. It doesn’t exactly inspire the type of “powerful” or “cleansing” feelings you would think the brand would be going for. Especially in a segment dominated by macho water-speak. Each year, the marketers one-up each other: “Water-Wall”, “Quad-Wash”, and “ProScrub”, oh my!
Now, Sub-Zero is ready to launch a high-end dishwasher for the home under it’s new “Cove” branding. While few technical specs have been announced, there are a few details we can be confident will be showing up.
Things we know:
- The unit will be offered at the $2,000+ price point.
- Will be offered in both Stainless and Panel-Ready
- The unit will be offered with a best-in-class warranty out the box.
- Interior LED lighting, top silverware rack, and smart-phone integration will ship
- 200 wash cycles, 41 jets and three spray arms
- The unit will have highly adjustable racking system with green tabs, similar to that brand we dare not mention.
Things we don’t know for sure, but are pretty confident in:
- Likely release in Q3 of 2018
- No ADA height model for launch. Sorry Italian/German cabinet makers…
- Load status LED indicator projected onto the floor
We will update this page as more information becomes available.