As many know, over the past 15 years Sub-Zero has grown it’s Wolf brand to cover virtually every type of cooking appliance on the market. Wolf even has a built-in coffee system. But there has always been one glaring absence from the line-up: a dishwasher. Sub-Zero / Wolf has made up for this by taking on Asko distribution for the entire United States.
Back in 2015, rumors began swirling at Sub-Zero that a dishwasher was once again in development. Then in 2017, Sub-Zero let the word loose through a well-timed WSJ article, that it’s new dishwasher was coming and was to be called “Cove”.
Yes, the name is a bit peculiar. It doesn’t exactly inspire the type of “powerful” or “cleansing” feelings you would think the brand would be going for. Especially in a segment dominated by macho water-speak. Each year, the marketers one-up each other: “Water-Wall”, “Quad-Wash”, and “ProScrub”, oh my!
Now, Sub-Zero is ready to launch a high-end dishwasher for the home under it’s new “Cove” branding. While few technical specs have been announced, there are a few details we can be confident will be showing up.
Things we know:
- The unit will be offered at the $2,000+ price point.
- Will be offered in both Stainless and Panel-Ready
- The unit will be offered with a best-in-class warranty out the box.
- Interior LED lighting, top silverware rack, and smart-phone integration will ship
- 200 wash cycles, 41 jets and three spray arms
- The unit will have highly adjustable racking system with green tabs, similar to that brand we dare not mention.
Things we don’t know for sure, but are pretty confident in:
- Likely release in Q3 of 2018
- No ADA height model for launch. Sorry Italian/German cabinet makers…
- Load status LED indicator projected onto the floor
We will update this page as more information becomes available.