Forums Appliance Q&A Forum Most Reliable Appliance Poll
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anthony Rocco
    4 Posts

Everyone has that one trusty appliance in their Kitchen that has taken its years of beatings and still keeps chugging on.

You know the one I’m talking about. The one that is 15 years old, door never did sit right on it, but still you nurse it because its never let you down. Whenever you think about it breaking down, you get nervous because you think “they sure don’t make them like that anymore”.

What is the one unbreakable appliance in your kitchen?
    Brand and model please.

jackieanara
    1 Posts

Our Frigidaire Gallery Dishwasher is 5 years old, still running without service or issue.

BGold
    2 Posts

My Sub-Zero 501R and 501F has only ever needed an evaporator and new seals in 20 years.
    Unlike the crappy Bosch dishwasher which has never dried the dishes from day one… and needed a new pump twice now.

Anonymous
    1 Posts

If your appliance was bought more than 15 years ago, they should last a long time. The game changed about 15 years ago in the name of Energy efficiency and profit margin. Whatever main stream brands you buy, consider very lucky if you get trouble free service for 8 years.
    This is really bad for land fill sites, Government should something about, may be a Lemon law similar to auto industry.

Debby Elliott
    1 Posts

I have the same washer….. I HATE it. As this machine is obviously a BAD design, will Matag do anything about it? I purchased the washer 7/04//2017. There are lots of times I pull clothing from the washer and there will be piece(s) that are not even wet. I have tried playing around with the machine and have discovered that if you push the clothes to the bottom of the tub, kinda pack them in there, make sure the clothes are level, use the last two soil levels, and deep water wash, if there are not a lot of clothes, but then there can’t be too few clothes the machine does a sub-standard wash job. However at least the clothes are wet when I pull them from the washer. I can’t wash two blankets at the same time, even twin size, they do not spin correctly. Not spinning correctly is an issue when you do any type of bedding. There is no ‘just spin cycle’ you have to rinse and spin. Sometimes as much as 3 times. These are not big heavy duty blankets. I have no washer to go home to……..this is it. When asked what three hobbies I have, I respond: Washing clothes, drying clothes. and folding clothes. With a family of 6 it feels like
    I spend a lot of time doing laundry.

Sam-stores
    5 Posts

I think my 220-volt kitchen appliances are a 220-volt ice cream maker, a 220v hand mixer, and many more. I Got them from Samstores at a reasonable price.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login and Post with: